Sunday, May 8, 2016

Project blog 5/8/16





Summary: This week I learned about the berries in the coniferous forest such as the saskatoon berry, the thimbleberry, the wild sarsaparilla, the salal, and the beaked hazelnut. A fact about the saskatoon berry is that it's pretty healthy and that it tends to ripen in late June or early July. Then a fact about the thimbleberry is that it's related to a blackberry and a raspberry. I also learned about the wild sarsaparilla and its scientific name which is Aralia nudicaulis. There is also a fact about the salal which is that it can grow berries at one time and then at another time it doesn't have berries. One more fact which is about the beaked hazelnut which is that when it grows it's in some kind of green pod and you have to peel the pod off.


Backward-looking
How much did you know about the subject before you started?
I didn't know that much about the subject of surviving but I knew how to make a fire and clean drinking water. I also didn't know that much about the coniferous forest and I was surprised that most of the trees there are oak trees.

Inward-looking
What do you find most satisfying about the final product?
I think that what I'm most proud of out of the whole final product is the pictures and the descriptions because I think that me and my group did really good on them. What I also find satisfying is our poster because it looks pretty good.

Outward-looking
If you were a teacher what kind of comments would you make about this piece?
If I was a teacher a comment I would make about this piece is that my group tried really hard on this project. I would also say that some parts of the project were rushed.

Forward-looking
One thing I would like to improve on is....
I think one thing that I would like to improve on is the poster on how we put the paper on because the way the paper is put on it doesn't look smooth and it it's crinkled.

No comments:

Post a Comment