Sunday, May 21, 2017

Project blog 5/21/17

Image: 



Summary: During the past few weeks we were asked to create an urban village and to choose policies for this urban village. Before that we were asked to redesign a part of the school as well. My team redesigned the grass area by adding patches of grass. As for the part to create an urban village my team and I designed an urban village with 25% education, 25% outdoors, and 50% entertainment. Some things that I learned throughout this project is that it can take over under 15 million, 15 million, or over 15 million to create an urban village. I also learned what an urban village is since I didn't know what one was until we started this project. An urban village is a place that has places to eat, places to live, places to buy necessities, and places for entertainment.

Backward - Looking: 
I didn't know much on the subject before we started but only that we needed to create something for the project or that we needed to sketch things. The subject was on creating an urban village and to redesign a part of the school. I didn't even know what an urban village is until our Math teacher explained it to us. I never even really paid attention to the school areas and how we could fix it before we started the project.

Inward - Looking: 
Some things that I found frustrating about this project was that sometimes for specific classes I couldn't find information for what we were doing for the project in that class. Some other things is that we didn't work on one thing entirely in every class and in some classes we needed to do a budget for the things that we used for the project. For Math it was for furnishings and for the buildings in the urban village that we sketched and blue printed.

Outward - Looking: 
If I were a teacher some comments I would make would be for creativity, teamwork, the ability to turn in everything on time, and the finishing piece. First for creativity on the model for our redesign "Your model looks good but for the base of the model you could have used some sort of plastic instead of cardboard". Then for creativity on the urban village "I like the design you chose to put everything in and that you chose your furnishings with purposes in each building". Then for teamwork in every class "You worked well together and barely argued with each other". Then for turning in everything on time for each class "Mostly everything was turned in on time but one assignment was turned in late by one day". Lastly for the finishing piece of everything, "Everything was well done and finished".

Forward - Looking: 
A few things that I would like to improve upon is to remember to turn in everything beforehand so that I don't forget to after I finish the assignment. Another thing is to work hard on the assignments that I have and to finish them not till the last minute. I also want to make sure that I can work better with other people. By that I mean I want to be able to communicate better with my team mates so that we could plan ahead more. Lastly I want to be able to listen more closely to directions during a group project so that if my team mates didn't hear then I would know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment