Thursday, May 21, 2015

Article blog 5/22/15

LA times in the article,Why did the Wooly Mammoth die out? Scientists look at genes for clues everything has genes and the scientists are trying to figure out how the mammoths didn't survive and they are going to use the genes of the mammoth to figure out how they didn't survive. The article is talking about the genes of the wooly mammoth and if they are close or not to figuring out how the wooly mammoth got extinct.

In the beginning, LA times explains that wooly mammoths are related to elephants and they are trying to figure out how mammoths got extinct.  This means that if you string together the pieces of the DNA then you'll be able to figure out what made the wooly mammoths die out.

LA times states that wooly mammoths some how didn't  survive even though they are so powerful. A wooly mammoth looks like an elephant but covered in brown hair and has tusks. As I understand it, scientists are trying to figure out how mammoths died and they might even use the DNA from elephants.

Finally, the author concludes that mammoths died some how and we are trying to figure out how with DNA or gnome.
The author's purpose is to tell people that scientists are trying to figure out the mystery of the wooly mammoth.

link to website: Newsela


Surprise: When I was surprised I was on schoolloop.
The surprise was that I had to do an article blog.
This was surprising because I thought we only had to do one last week.
What this can tell me is that I am going to be doing article blogs more often.


A connection I can make between this is that I used the same website and they are both from the science section. Another connection I can make is that they are both about animals and the animals are also known to people. One more connection I can make is that one is extinct and the other is not.


I chose this article because it seemed interesting and I would like to learn about mammoths. Another reason why I chose this article is because it was one that was near the one I chose last time and it was in the same section as the one I use last time. One more reason that I chose the article is because I liked the picture and thought it would be interesting.


The information in this article affects the community because then other scientists will try and figure out how the mammoths got extinct before the other scientists. Another reason that this can affect the community is that people could find it interesting and would want to read about it every time people write about it in an article. One more reason why this could affect the community is by telling people who don't want the scientists to figure out how the mammoths died.


A question after reading the article is why people want to know? I would answer this by reading the title to people.



No comments:

Post a Comment