Sunday, November 8, 2015

Weekly blog 11/8/15



Summary: This week me and my partner worked on Earthquakes, I think blizzards, and Tsunamis. We had a few bumps on the way but then we got to tsunamis which is the last one for the research part of the project. I learned that a Tsunami can happen from a volcanic explosion or an Earthquake. I also learned that a tidal wave is different from a Tsunami because a Tsunami goes straight and a tidal wave goes in a circle. We are almost done with Tsunamis but we have to do the map part.

SP6: Constructing explanations and designing soulutions
The goal of science is the construction of theories that provide explanations about the natural world. A theory becomes accepted when it has multiple independent lines of empirical evidence and greater explanatory power.

Did you explain something through your work?

I explained how a natural disaster is created, where it happens, description, where it doesn't happen, why it doesn't happen there, and why it does happen there.


No comments:

Post a Comment